View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 06:52 PM
greg

I can beat you all!

I just read this thread tonight digging though some old ones I may have missed. I usually wouldn't post but I can't beleive the dealer here!

Lets start with the five transmissions that the car has had in two years, with still problems they finally decided was due to the motor mounts! They said that only after I asked if that could be the problem because it sounded like something that was loose when in reverse the gas was hit hard backing up a steep hill. They told me for sure that was that was the problem. After some thought I decided that was their fault, you know after installing four trannys in a few months and removing the original, I figured they didn't use the service mount for the engine. that was not the only problem. The security system quit while they had it. I figure if I break their car while I have it they want me to fix it, so the same goes for them. I talked to the owner and he got very upset about me accusing them of breaking things...Mean while I lived a year without air conditioning because while the car was there I received it back w/o AC. anyway I could go on and on... the owner got mad because I made accusations to him and he told me never to come back!

Jeez, he did me a favor...after bringing the car to a trusted mechanic I know he looked over the car top to bottom for me and is now fixing it, he found they charged me for a timming belt and a crank shaft seal that they never replaced, the took the freon out of the air and told me it needed an evaporator. (fixed for free, just added freon.) there was no problem with the motor mounts, they just decided to take two bolts out of the back of the mounts I guess for the sesation so I would return to repay them for some of the warranty work. Fixed for free! They also told me I needed new power steering bushings, really they had taken a bolt out of some control arm attached to the steering(fixed for free), and last the tranny problem they could not figure out and kept replacing was the duty solenoid D. Now replaced and running much better.
I am scared to know how much more damage they might have caused and chrged me a fortune to fix. All total including re-repairs I am going to be spending a grand or two but imagine had I gone back there...new ac evap, new motor mounts new busings for ps (and a rack too by the time they were done with me, but I knew I already needed that but they didn't even tell me about it..) I could go on and on all night but this is the abbreived version...NEVER BRING AN SVX TO KELLY SUBARU!

-G