View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 03:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Ca$h
Neon. All the way. They're cheapest, they're ULTRA reliable, they freaking OWN in autocross (great suspension), they are faster than cavaliers, sunfires, focii, saturns, and even faster than almost ALL the import competition (The Civic SI will dust a neon from 60-100, but a neon will anally rape the civic to 60mph). Hell, the fact that neons dominated the 'factory showroom stock class' should say something.

- Ca$h
Look, I won't debate whether or not the Neon does well in autocrossing or other forms of SCCA racing. I know it does.

But as for the Neon being 'ultra reliable,' I'm gonna have to contest it. Since you're big on documentation and proof, ca$h (which I fully respect), here's mine.

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/...lder_id=113261

I apologize for the obscenely long link.

Please, if you have any proof that the Neon is 'ultra reliable,' I'd love to see it.

But (with the very few exceptions noted in this roundup) I don't think any American compact can hold a candle to Honda, Toyota or Subaru.

You can all have your j-bodies an Neons. If I want a compact, I want it for economy. GM and Chrysler don't even enter the picture, in my opinion.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE