View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 12:08 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
Yeah that's with a professional R/T driver. R/T quoted the svx at high 6's, not blindingly faster, but still faster. The svx will out run any neon on a windy road and will kill it in top end. So where exactly is this neon in the same league with an svx? Iam not trying to dilude your perception of the all mighty neon, although in my opinion they're **** but that's my opinion, but in a logical and informed arena any knowledgable person will hands down praise the svx much higher than the svx. Has a neon ever been compared to a porshe or jaguar? No, it's in a league of Hyundai's and Mazda MP3's.
I wouldn't even go that far (putting the neon in the same league as an mp3).

Truth is neons are ****TY cars. They have a very plasticy interior that rattles like crazy, stiff uncomfortable suspension, and a vaque rubbery shifter.

HOWEVER, they are able performers. And the SVX will most certainly not outrun ANY neon. There are neons with just boltons running 13s... turbo charged neons running 11s and 12s... and some crazy race only neons dipping in the 9s. So where exactly is the neon in the same league as the SVX????

I"LL TELL YOU. IN STOPLIGHT RACES. As I've stated hundreds of times on this forum, but you people still don't grasp, neons and SVXs have almost identical power/weight ratios, and while hte SVX has superior traction, it has REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY >>>>>>REALLY<<<<< Bad gearing for stoplight racing. The neon, on the other hand, has great gearing for the 0-60mph sprint. So in a stoplight race, they ARE about equal... at about 60mph, its all over for the neon, and the SVX will drive by it like its standing still.

BUT, from 0-60mph, the neon IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS AN SVX. Another aspect that the neon actually hands down DEFEATS the SVX in is autocrossing... the SVX being quite heavy and luxurious will get its ass handed to it by a stock neon in autocrossing.

- Ca$h