View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Car for my little bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Well guys, it's time for my younger brother to get his first car. He's 17, a junior in high school and has a budget of $2000. He lives in Tampa too.

What are your recommendations? Keep in mind it doesn't have to be the most practical thing possible, though that's always a plus. My other brother has a 240 and I have the SVX. So between me and him we know our way around '90s sports cars decently well. I'm not sure that an SVX is the way to go, because of how expensive they can be and how hard it can be to find a good one. Not in a huge hurry though and he said he would like an SVX, so perhaps.

What do you all think? What would you get for your high school brother's first car?
Sigh... Even though I hate these cars... a civic or accord is your best bet. the up keep on these cars is.... interesting. The parts for civics etc are plentiful and cheap compared to our cars. Again I hate them but for a highschool with a low budget they are the best bet.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles