View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 PM

Re: Has anyone tried pulstar sparkplugs?

[QUOTE=SoCal LS-L;586198]This is the newest scam on the market....... Its funny I just saw another ad about this in popular science. The bottom line is..... you CANT get more spark OUT of a plug than goes in, period. They can call it what they want.... but the plug fires for every signal it gets from the ECU, and the most efficient way to do that is a path straight through to spark gap. What Pulstar claims is impossible physically speaking, you cant gain energy from nothing. It can also not "store spark energy" as claimed since the plug must fire each time it recieves the high voltage from the coil..... or it would be a dead cylinder every time the plug "stored" the spark energy. Bottom line is..... the ignition system is already designed with the highest efficiency possible, and the only way to boost it is with an aftermarket ignition system that runs higher voltages.

Sorry, SoCal, but go back 130 years and think about how many CANT's have been turned into CANS.

Are you counting the things?

Correct, too many to count.

New technology doesn't change the laws of physics, but it can present a solution that some things that apparently apply to one situation do not necessary apply to the another situation.

I think they have something going for them. They have a 30 day money back guarantee for their claims.

My auto store guarantees them for 4 years.

We are back to the deterrent of changing and if not as advertised, putting the platinum back in.

I will probably do this. I drive a lot of miles and saving would add up. I will certainly keep the form posted if I change to pulstar, and it won't be a "misery loves company" thing. I will carefully analyze the clams on performance as well as fuel economy and let people that are interested know what they can really expect.

Keith