View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 04:09 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Angry Planetary gears !$$#^!!

Sadly today I was advised by Subaru the planetary gear in my transmission is broken and the gears in there are missing teeth etc...his description of a possible cause.....it looks like someone has tried to tow whilst it was in Park!!...not to my knowledge !!!..and I don't drive the car hard not at all.....all I can think of is that it may have happened when the car was moved here by road transport...but he's amazed that it was driveable.. perhaps its only just now finally s--t itself...mind you just after a transmission flush....unfortunatelty thats all little comfort now..so now they are going to "price' it up, order the bits etc..tech is also worried about all the bits of teeth floating around in the transmission as well..

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=162-1
I looked up the parts here are there any double ups on bits here, that I should know about ie you'll need 2 of those 3 of them etc...its not looking like a cheap fix here..they've done one rear wheel bearing which I haven't even paid for yet..where still going on from the same service visit for bindiing on tight turns !! we've found what's causing the binding..!!!

Dave Down Under

Last edited by grnSVX96; 06-25-2004 at 04:12 AM.