Old 07-17-2003, 05:28 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Blowing hot and cold

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
the g60 supercharger is what im using in my SVX, it fits nicely where the AC goes Plus they are redily available at junkyards, rebuild kits are cheap.Moving the batt over to where the intake is/flipping the intake, an re arangin some other movalbe components(thanks to the tiny 5spd tranny too) will be a nice project. someone slap me now
phil
OK, here's a slap.

I'm inclined to agree with SVX driver to an extent. The G-Lader from the G60 is a bad piece of kit, even if you can rebuild it cheaply. Why fit it, with the cost and difficulty of the mod?

Also, Superchargers are essentially pumps. Bigger engines have bigger lungs, so need more gas throughput for the extra power derived. So they need a bigger pump, or more correctly, one that has a higher output and is capable of blowing more air/gas.

You are contemplating using a blower from a 1.8 engine, almost half the capacity of the 3.3 EG33. It will work, but it will be working too hard to give the gas input required. You would be better going with the Mustang variant, flow chart details will be closer comparison because the engine capacities are nearer in size. Distant memory has me thinking they used something called a Whipplecharger, smaller than the big brutish Roots type.

You should also strongly consider the newly developed European model made by Rotrex. Has a special gearbox multiplying speeds up by 9 and a half to one. You can buy them direct, the current model for the SVX would be the SP30-94, although there is a new model coming out soon called the C38 which might be ideal. They use them in the Lotus Exige, and they make crazy horsepower. Bolt on one of these and an intercooler, and you will be running 13s with your gearing!!

See
http://www.rotrex.eu.com/

Cheers

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-17-2003 at 07:52 AM.