View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy View Post
I was doing 50-55 on a long strech of road. The speed limit was 30. I saw the cop facing toward me on my side of the road. I step on the brakes and the font end dipped. I slowed down to 40 he was following me for like 300 ft. then turned on the lights. I pulled over and got everything ready (License, reg, insurance and a PBA). I put the PBA on top. Then I rolled down the window. The funny part is he came up to the window and it looked like he was waiting for me to open it... Because of the top half, then I said Hi officer, and he said license and registration and it was the usual from there and he let me go. It was my first time.
I don't want to sound too preachy, esp as Paul has said nothing, but I hope in the spirit of the PBA card you have that you don't drive like a prat just because you have it. The law is the law and most limits are up there for a reason.

One dark night I got pulled in the SVX here in Ireland. It was common for the police to practically stick their head in the window of the car, having a smell to see if you had been drinking. Yep,, he tried to.

He hit the upper glass such a bang with his head I got worried for his health. When he recovered, he just checked my documents, asked me the questions and let me go. I hadn't been drinking, of course, and everything was legal anyway.

However, it might make the wrong guy angry, thinking you had not let down the window.

One to watch. It was funny at the time, but I felt really sorry for the guy. There was nothing I could have done, I was not expecting him to try and get into the car.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl