View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Certified Porschephile

I don't want to start any Chevy vs ford wars, but I think I'd much rather have the 2000 Vette over the 1967 mustang. The Vette is quicker, faster, safer, handles and stops WAY better, and probably gets better gas milage while doing it. Now if we were talking about a 67 427 MkIV Vette, then it would be close. I was never a fan of any fords. GM and Chrysler muscle cars were better. Except for maybe the Boss 302 block, ford motors were mostly dogs. The 429 had potential if ford would have gone a little further with it, but it was no way near the MkIV 427 or the 426 Hemi. The ford 460 was a boat anchor. As for the 390, if you check reviews from the times they were in production, the Chevy 396 (later a 402 but still called 396) the Mopar 383, and the Pontiac 400 were all better in thier minds. I do have to say the 69 and 70 mustangs did have a great look to them, but the 70 Cuda would have to be my pick for best looking muscle car. Enough on that.
As for the WRX vs the SVX, I loved my SVX. I thought it was one of the nicest cars I ever had, and that includes the Porsche I learned to drive stick on. But, I would pick a WRX STi now if I could. It does so much, so well. And I've even seen real sized adults in the rear seat!!!! And any WRX over a Lancer!!!!!!!