View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: JDM driveline swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
Ok, so you get an engine and transmission still bolted together with all the accessories still bolted to them which they snatch out of a Japanese SVX as a whole and strap to a skid--in my case a palat with a sheet of plywood thrown on it so the whole thing would fit. They do not guarantee that any of the accessories or covers etc will be good. Of course some of these things get broken during transport. The little steel shroud on the output of my transmisison was a little dented but nothing else on the transmission was broken. On the engine the following were broken:
1)left and right front and back timing belt covers
2)drivers timing belt pulley
3)drivers valve cover
4)power steering pulley
5)drivers exhaust manifold
6)throttle body

Fortunately, I had replacements for all of these things on hand. The JDM passenger exhaust manifold is different because it doesn't have EGR but the drivers exhaust manifold is the same. The JDM throttle body doesn't have the two vacuum connections on the top but you can just cap them on the US throttle body with good vinyl caps.
LAN,

Looks like they dropped the engine on the driver's side? Was the valve cover just cracked?

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker