View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Front Differential (Backlash)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Claret View Post
I do plan on trying to talk my boss into letting me use his floor lift to tackle this. He just needs convincing that it will only take a day or two so that it will only take up one of his bays for a saturday and maybe sunday which we are closed. I am going to borrow a tranny jack from another guys I know. The donor tranny is getting delivered to me today and I am going to start tearing into if to get feel of what I am dealing with before I remove the tranny. If this diff doesn't end up lasting me, my other option is pulling the tranny out of the claret I am currently driving. It has like 30-35K on a Subaru rebuild, so it is an option that might happen anyways as I plan on keeping the better of the two.

Another question. I know you say replace the rear seal, what others items should be replaced while I have it apart?
Go ahead and check your axles before you get it up in the air. See if they need replacing because that's easy while in the air.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles