Thread: AT oil filter
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:37 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
The early models that had clutch linings that flaked off, were the ones that needed the filter, to stop the clogging problem, that Joe says. The other problem with auto filters is that people fit very fine filters, thinking it will keep the oil clean. unfortunately the fine filter restricts the flow of ATF to the box, so failure follows.

The type of filter that an auto uses is like fly screen wire, very course. It is not to clean the oil, just to remove the lining bits.

The additional cooler, is really needed on the US model with its high final drive ratio, that is driven around town it D, causing the converter to work hard, producing excess heat. If you live where it is cold, you don't need the extra cooler, but you do need the water cooled original one, to maintain the auto temperature, at a workable temp.

Harvey.
Harvey, I am completely brassed of with your continual efforts to tell those who Know more than you do, how to suck eggs. Go polish your ego some place else.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!