Old 11-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji
Is it me or what?

As a "junior" member does there seem to be a growing interest in the SVX? there seems to be quite a few models turning up on ebay and the autotrader, and some of them not too bad looking examples either to boot! The bug has definitely bitten with me and I was pleased to be part of the JAE, where there seemed to be a bumper crop of svx's that turned up. Maybe the investment of paying a fortune for parts and servicing might eventually pay off on what was an initial cheap purchase. The two models on ebay at present, although not too bad, dont cut the mustard with me with them having the "Calibra" looking front end, but at least its still an SVX I suppose.

Lets hope the interest is growing.....
John
There seems to be more cars coming out of the woodwork, all right John.

It is nice to see in a way, but it appears to me they are selling quite cheap. For these cars to make their way up the Classics ladder in status and price, I think they would have to get scarce, and the market such as it is would have to notice or recognise the car in a "cult" way.

I can't see this happening in the near future. I think the values will continue to be kept low because it is easy to get rhd cars cheap from Japan. Until that market dries up, and they start to get really scarce, then we will continue to own cars at the bottom end of the value chain.

Buying one with low miles and laying it up is probably a good idea. Using one every day is probably not so good, value wise, if it was not such a nice car to own and drive.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl