View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Jesse,
Couple of things:

1. I was "only" ~2.5 seconds behind the Sentra, and it's a SE-R version that has had its entire suspension reworked to go with its R-Comp tires and very experienced driver (he's been autoX'ing for years and this is really only my first full year of driving). I've gotten within less than a second of him in previous events....but that was before I made some major changes to my car that I'm just now dialing back in

2. The SVT is actually a fairly competitive GS car. Harry's (NewSVX) son was driving one in the MB autoX events and winning the GS class on a regular basis. It also has a very experienced driver behind the wheel - note that Ian Baker (one of the local SCCA instructors) and a National-level driver in CSP got behind the wheel and tore things up having never driven the car before.

I'm really looking forward to next season, after having a full season of driving experience.

-Bill (already starting to think whether next season will be ESP or E Prepared )

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker