View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: "DeAd" battery.. intermittent.. ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
Thanks Harvey!

So... I did MOD last nite.. Worked fine. This morning, wunt start .. just kept clicking!!! HA! YIKES! Got out, opened hood, tapped on solenoid (recent starter rebuild installed), took solenoid (start) slide connector OFF, then back ON .. Started right up!!! YIKES!!!???

Stopped on the way to work for business stop.. NOW, dint even click.. just dash lights coming on.. Got late for work, so just turned ign ON.. and JUMPED starter MAIN to SOLENOID tab.. started of course.

I'm about to go out from work.. to go work out (PARK).. then home... Wish me luck!

Thanks, Jim

P.S. Later, I thot maybe AT inh sw connection in PARK is inconsistent??? OR, possibly solenoid wire coming from ign sw might be defective .. seemed very brittle, to try to bend, when working with it during MOD install last nite???
Almost there hey?. A few possibility's.
Check all your new connections first.

The Ign switch or the gearbox inhibitor switch may be a bit etched from the current.
It really has to be traced when it is happening.

When it happens again, try starting it in N, it will be a cleaner switch.

If you can have some body to turn the key, and check for voltage at the Ign sw wire to the relay.

If not there, while holding the key in the start position, move the gear leaver between P, N.

Next holding the key in the starter position, rotate the key around to move the contacts.

If one of them gets results, stop have a beer.

That relay is fine.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.