View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: Someone crashed into my SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemke View Post
Last night when I got out of work and was going to my car to head home I noticed a big dent on my hood located above the right headlight. The headlight also has a hole in it. I'll post a picture tomorrow morning. The dent on the hood is cosmetic. The engine is fine, the bumper is fine, even that piece of glass or plastic (whatever it is) surrounding the grill is fine. A nice chunck of paint on the hood has chipped away leaving some of the metal bare, but I can live with that until I get a new hood. The headlight needs to be fixed quickly though. I dont want water to get into the housing and wreck my electrical system, if thats possible.

What are the best bulbs to get? My headlights have been pretty dim for awhile and my foglights dont even work, so I will be getting new bulbs for everything.

-Daniel
Getting water in the destroyed headlamp should not cause any electrical faults, other than blowing the bulbs. I would however, replace the light as soon as possible. The other lights could probably use a buffing as well, seeing the amount yellowing on your lenses. This would restore some clarity and allow for better visibility at night.

Also, I believe we have a pair of headlight assemblies which are nice and clear if you are interested.

Just trying to help.