View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
ive read everyones stories so i thought id share my own. it all starts with a 94 saturn. i moved out here to colorado about 2 years ago, drove a toyota corolla which was my cousins then had to give it back when she returned from argentina. i worked my a$$ off all summer to save up money for a car. i had 2 jobs working on average 13 hours a day, thats pretty hard for a teenager, i had no social life haha. my parents dont hand me anything, i pay for all my gas, parts, cars, insurance, college (next year), you name it, i pay. i think its good though, ive learned alot and have had to make hard decisions. its a great life lesson that i will definitely pass on to my children. school was closing in and i needed a car so me and my dad went shopping. after going to countless stealerships and driving cars in my price range, we could not find anything reliable. finally i called a rent-a-car place that had some cars for sale. we went by and took a look, they had a caddy, mazda and the saturn which i bought. it was a good car, GREAT on gas compared to the subby, still getting used to that haha. the saturn did great... until winter came. a buddy of my dads came out to live with us for awhile and one night i was talking about how i wanted a subaru, i didnt care what, as long as it was awd. he was telling me about this subaru a friend of his had once, he talked about the windows, which i had no idea what he was talking about, but he couldnt remember the name. he just new is was 3 letters. i kept insisting it was a wrx or something, but he assured me it wasnt. a month or 2 later he found some pictures online. i had never seen anything like it in my life! fate took hold and the next week, by chance, there was an ad in the classifieds. i wasnt even shopping for a car, i just like seeing whats for sale. i called right away and the car was less than 3 miles from walmart where i was. i drove over and took a look and decided to test drive it. the seller arrived shortly and after a short test drive i was hooked. i had only driven in not even a mile (the alternator belt was broken, he fixed it before i bought it). i had made my decision within a few days to buy it. my dads friend was so surprised when he saw me driving up in it, and i felt so dumb for not knowing about such an amazing car before. i dont think i will ever sell this car and if i do itll only be because i have more than one.