View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
I've been reviewing the front and rear suspension for anti-sway bar upgrade potential. Laying on the ground looking at the rear anti-sway bar it hit me that the stock rear bar could be doubled up with another stock bar very easily by simply extending the mounting plates and using U-bolts through two plates and a connecting arm to mate them together. This method of attachment would also give infinite adjustability. As I have a few parts laying around the garage I'm going to give this a try once the struts return. Thoughts???

I've also determined that a straight 1" (aka 25mm) rod will fit through the front subframe where the stock 18mm pre-bent bar runs now. Though not as low-cost, a splined 1" diameter bar is available from a variety of sources as are blank arms that connect to the splines. The arms would need to be bent and drilled, but I have fab and heat treat sources. The mounts will need to be dropped down and rearward as well. I will get dimensions tomorrow and costs next week.

Todd
Hi Todd, this was pretty close to what I had Dave Clark do for Bill. He ended up putting a slight offset in the front bar to be sure that it cleared the oil pan. The stiff front bar shreds the endlinks pretty quickly. I'm surprised that Bill has not commented yet in this thread. :-)

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.