View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Those are some great stories! Since it's story time here on the network...I'll share my story.

It starts with a Neon in 2004. I bought the car at auction for $2000 with 50k on it. What a deal! The car ran great! Passed inspection and everything was cool. In March of 2005 I had just gotten back from England and I was heading to my college class in the morning. Someone crossed the highway without looking and I t-Boned them going somewhere between 45-50 MPH. I didn't have time to react. So I was fine and the car was definitely totaled. The insurance company gave me $4700 for the car. So I took that money and went back to the auction with hopes of getting another low mileage daily driver. Every car I looked at went over $4700. I went to several auctions looking for vehicles. I almost ended up with a Jag or an Altima, or an Eclipse.

At one auction I was just getting frustrated with the selection so I was getting ready to leave when in the dark just outside of the building I see these interesting headlights. I walked over to the car and saw the windows and instantly fell in love. I was excited because it had fairly low mileage (97k) and it was an automatic (I wasn't comfortable with driving stick then). I looked at my brother and asked him what it was. He had heard of a SVX but never saw one. The car pulled into the lane to be auctioned off and the first thing the auctioneer said was "title delay...dealers only!" I was so heart broken. I went home and started researching these cars. That was when I found this site. I wasn't sure about the car after reading about the issues. So the next week I went back to the auction and as I was walking through the lot of cars I saw the same SVX. I was happy. I actually got to sit in the car and play with the little buttons. When time came the car rolled through the lane and I got the car for $1800.

My brother drove it home on PA temp tags that night and on the way home it started spewing transmission fluid everywhere. Once again I was heart broken. I thought that I would have to bring the car back and try to sell it because it was a dud. Turns out that a hose was loose and after fixing that everything was fine. Since then I drove the car for over a year before the front diff went out. After spending a winter in the garage the car went to see older Tom and this past June I drove the car home from Cumberland with 4.44 gears!
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)