View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Two Canadians boarded an airplane. One sat in the window seat, the other sat in the middle seat. Just before take-off, an American got on and took the aisle seat next to the two Canadians.. The American kicked off his shoes, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Canadian in the window seat said," I think I’ll get up and get a coke."

"No problem," said the American, "I’ll get it for you."

While he was gone, one of the Canadians picked up the American’s shoe and spat in it.

When the American returned with the drink, the other Canadian said, "That looks good, I think I’ll have one too." Again, the American obligingly went to fetch it and while he was gone, the other Canadian picked up the other shoe and spat in it.

The American returned and they all sat back and enjoyed the flight. As the plane was landing, the American slipped his feet into his shoes and knew instantly what had happened. "How long must this go on?" he asked. "This fighting between countries? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and pi**ing in cokes?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954