Thread: New WRC rules
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:
Originally posted by svxsubaru1
Darksieded X

The puegot 206 was not unbeatable far from it the last year it was made it was falling behind the speed of all the other makes in the champion ship, and the citreon was updated substanialy.
I unfortunately haven't watched much WRC since '02, since I'm now an old fart and usually can't stay up for it on Speed. But whether you meant to or not, you just helped me prove my point. IIRC, the 206 was nigh invincible that year and the Citroen most definitely was not. But, as you pointed out, things change. Just like any sport, teams are going to have good years and bad years. My point is that it's bad business to create new rules simply because a couple of teams are not performing at a competative level, and don't want to play anymore. All thats going to do is hurt those that can keep they're teams at a competative level, thus forcing competition on the teams, and hurting healthy competition.

NASCAR is a perfect example of this. One of the biggest complaints I hear from the F1 elitists, besides the word circle, is that the cars are all too similar, and they're right. NASCAR is inching closer every year to common greenhouses with different noses for all the makes. The reason? Because for most of the last decade, ford has *****ed and moaned incessantly that they were at an aerodynamic disadvantage to the GM cars, even though the numbers showed otherwise. At every event, press conferance, post-race that a ford didn't win, the ford drivers and reps would whine about this. The result, nearly identical cars that have hurt the competition.

And BTW, there's only one set of ED's plus a hyphen in my name, you drunken tool.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)