View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Registered fabricator

Re: Phase 2: Looking for 380 N/A whp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Bob,
Great news! Are you looking at lift numbers that will require the use of solid lifters? What rpm band are you looking for the heads to "sing" at?
-Bill
Yes, looking at .525" - .550" of valve lift possibly. The heads still flow very well at higher lifts. Solid are absolutely necessary for correct valve spring heights and for lighter valvetrain weigh...those hydraulics are heavy!

Not trying to make a narrow powerband, but I hope to push the rpm limit to 9000 rpms or so. I have heard that after 9500 rpms the stock crank is problematic, but below that it's dead-reliable. Billet cranks are not cheap so I'd like to stay with the stock one.

I still want to mess with the hydraulic setups though. I have two other friends locally who are looking into swapping EG33's into their daily drivers...both Legacy wagons. Reground cams compatible with hydraulics are on the wish-list for both of them.

I need to R & D a drop-in spring set that will allow maximum valve lift with the standard length valves. There's so much additional airflow at higher valve lifts it would be a shame to not take advantage of at least some of it.

EG33 Impreza tweaks