Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
On my 96 Polo, the dome light always turns on when I disarm the system
Ah, I figured it out.

The door-switch inputs into the security module (pins 1 and 2) are also outputs that will trigger the dome light. Pin 2 (driver's door) also triggers the keyhole lights.

In other words, the security module does two things when you disarm: 1) Unlock the doors 2) Pulse the driver's door-switch "input" to make the car think someone has opened (and quickly re-closed) the driver's door. The latter triggers the dome and keyhole lights.

What I wrote previously is accurate — the lock and unlock pins (15 and 14) do not trigger the dome lights.

Quote:
I have no front parking lights that flash
Are you saying that the rear parking lights do flash, or that none of them flash? Either way, that's definitely a defect. Pin 10 on the security module harness connects (via fuse #5) directly to all 4 corners (and, I just realized, to the rear license plate lights too). I suspect you'll find that the Parking Light switch (the one that works without the key in the ignition) has the same problem. Probably the headlights knob too.

Trivia bit: When the Parking Light switch is off, the security module will flash the dash illumination lights too. This is due to the way the Parking Light switch is wired (when you turn it on, it only lights the exterior lamps).

Quote:
Sometimes at night I check whether the security system is armed. ...
So are you saying that when your system had been left disarmed, if you press the remote to arm it the dome light does not come on?

Last edited by SVXdc; 05-31-2009 at 03:06 PM.