View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 07:32 AM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
just to be an unfathomable pain in the ass, I'll say my '90 CRX Si was quite a good performance car. I could get as much oversteer as I wanted by left foot braking. Hell, I spun out in the snow a couple times because of lift-throttle oversteer. just trying to slow down around a curve and the rear end whips out.

I was at ice races up in NH, and I was pulling better times around the course than many 2.5RSs and WRXs. It was quite a capable machine, and made more use of the power that Honda saw fit to give it (110 war-mongering horsies) than any other car I've driven. it made up for torque with gearing. disc brakes all around, double wishbone suspension, decent weight distribution given the layout. It might be FWD, but it's still a good performance car. CRXs have a reputation at most road courses for being cars to watch out for. Under SCCA regs, It runs in GS and CSP IIRC. same classes as Miatas, which most people will call a "sports car" or "performance car." at least most people that go to auto-x or track days.

It's early, I have no coffeem, and I'm bored. so deal. devil's advocate and whatnot. I'll always be a boxer/AWD guy.

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k

Last edited by IggDawg; 06-16-2004 at 07:36 AM.