Thread: It's Comming !!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 05:43 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: It's Comming !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
I think it would be great if we could pull it off. It would be good to go somewhere new and the factory tour would be cool. It is a 9-1/2 hour drive according to MapQuest so it would be a big trip. I'd have to know first that there was a decent number of people committed to going.

A SOA trip to the performance attic would also be awesome, but I think people may want to get away from the northeast for a change.
I think it is a 10:30 hour drive for me to the Reading meet, which I have attended a few times, so I know you can make it if I do (Which I plan on being there )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancycargal View Post
Sean, maybe we can consolidate some thoughts we had at Reading. I'll throw out a few, and some new ones.

1. I wonder if there is a map that shows the distribution of SVX owners in North America, or one someone could extract from Earl's list of existing SVXs. (Tho we might have to be sure the location isn't skewed by the many recidivists - need owners, not cars!). Then we could locate the meet at a truly central point.
2. Many of us are concerned about driving older cars a long distance. For those who don't want to take cars but wouldn't miss the gathering, why not have a small group from various locales rent a large vehicle (car or van) and we could enjoy the company of like-minded people while sharing the cost and driving? I'm not above riding in an SVX-oriented vanpool!
3. As for people driving other vehicles to the meet, but who own SVXs or have memories of our former cars, we can represent them via pictures pinned to our clothes, like the ones we get at high school reunions (of our former selves). Not name tags, but a new kind of car tag!

Just my two cents....
We have a map somewhere, but I'm afraid it is very dated, as MANY of the members on the map are no longer owners, or involved at all with the group...so not sure it would be the best one to go by....maybe start a new map of active members?

I like the car Tag/name tag ideal too
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"