View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Flag this ad!!! parting out a good pearlie!!!

Danny, 1 is a certain parts car, and I have no problem with that one, it has 270k miles, was run through a puddle and the engine hydrolocked. This is why I find it extremely odd that he's not willing to part with the one in great shape. It is far from perfect as it has been sitting for some time, but the paint is still in great shape, no rust, no dents, no serious scrapes or knicks. The leather has no cracks, no wear marks at all. It was obviously taken care of until the point that it was taken off the road, I can only assume from a bad transmission or from an attempted manual swap that never happened as there is no transmission in the car and that is the way he got it. It would need some parts to get running, all of which I have sitting around save for a couple things. And would just need a serious cleaning job of the interior, again, something that can happen very easily. Another thing that bothers me is that in the ad, and on the phone when we talked to him, he mentions that he has the titles. Normally, you don't mention you have the titles unless you are willing to part with a whole car. If you met this guy, you would understand the frustration that I have. I don't currently have a complete parts car as the 2 that I have had, I had already stripped of all usable parts and scrapped the shells. If I had a complete parts car available, I believe he might be interested in a trade plus a little cash or whatever but I do not have one. Even so, as I say again, I offered to trade him just about everything thats usable already stripped in exchange and he would not do it.

The body on this car is still in excellent shape, and the only thing missing from the exterior is a turn signal. Under the hood, it is missing power steering pump, radiator, fans, alternator, transmission and driveshaft, MAF, intake snorkel, and a few other items but all wiring is in tact, etc.