View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Re: What race(s) did the SVX Pace Car perform in?

<<“Safety enhancements included an unobtrusive, tightly integrated roll cage. A lot of work was devoted to the cage construction. In addition to providing accident protection, the cage was to be as transparent as possible to the PPG guests. The idea was not to look like a racecar. Also, the cage needed to be out of the way for entry and exit. The time allotted for on-track pace car activities was limited, and PPG wanted to have as many guests experience the ride of a lifetime as possible. Climbing through a myriad of roll-cage tubes was not an option. The cage was hardly noticeable in the headliner.>>

crap, i never new there was a roll cage in it. when my friend took me for a ride in it years ago, it never felt small inside. they were right when they said transparent! as for the switches, i had a pic of them on another pace car post, one is for the siren, lights, and i believe to stop the engine in an emergency situation. i'll have to try to find those pics again.