View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:25 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

Send a message via AIM to apocalixto
Re: Simultaneous overheating and loss of A/C

this is very funny. I was doing a hill country drive with some of the svxers in san antonio. I started overheating and cooling down almost instantaneously. It would go all the way to hot then just go right back down. I replaced the thermostat thinking that would be the issue. It got me back to dallas with no issue at all, but as soon as I pulled into the city limits, my temp started rising...and as mentioned...the AC would blow HOT HOT HOT air.
I finally drove it around for a while after that with no issue. finally, after driving for 15 minutes one day it started doing it again. I decided that I should go get a new radiator...and went ahead and replaced the whole AC system, because the parts were all showing like they needed to be changed. they were leaking, the expansion valve was clicking, and the compressor was trying to go out.
However, after fixing all of that, it did it again. Only one time though. Mind you, the temp here in dallas when it happened was pushing 110.

Any more ideas?

MB Quart components and 6x9s, Autotek "Mean Machine" Amplifier, Pioneer D3 Touch Screen Nav/DVD/CD/iPod, 4 10" PowerBass 2XL Subs, Powerbass XA-3000D Monoblock Amp
Flowmaster exhaust, MP 6000K HID w/ clear lenses and '97 style grille, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ scoop (recently painted), 17" Sport Max rims (gunmetal w/ chrome lip), Ground Control Coilovers, Motorsport Crank Pulley, and Green Filter, ARP head studs, GroupN Engine mounts
4.44 AWD swap w/ Quick Change