View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Well, I went over on Saturday morning to have a look..........

The first thing that I noticed is that the paint and panels are in suprisingly good condition - it could do with a wash though.....!

However, the panel between the headlights was badly faded, a lot of paint was missing from the rear bumper, and the rubber trim around the doors was starting to fall apart!

Overall, the exterior was not bad at all - but the interior was a mess!

The bottom cushion of the driver's seat was torn all the way across, the handbrake and shift lever were badly worn, the hand grips on the door panels were very dirty - as were the sun visors and the headlining!

ALL FOUR of the power window switches on the driver's side were broken, as was the passenger side one!!

The reclining lever for the passenger seat was broken, and somebody had tried to re-attach it by forcing a large bolt through the handle!

As one would expect, the sun visors were starting to droop, and it appeared that the wiring for the illuminated vanity mirrors was already broken.

Unfortunately, the SVX was buried up the back of the yard, so I was not able to drive it - but judging by the state of the interior, I believe that it has had a hard life - especially considering that it has only done just over 200,000 km!

I am still wondering whether it would be useful to me for parts.......

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX