Thread: transmission
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 03:27 AM

Registered SVX
No. You have said that the whole car shakes and no engine fault short of something mechanical and major and very obvious would do this.

You have been given good advice based on simple logic which I regret to have to point out as kindly as possible you do not appear to accept. We are not talking rocket science here. Worn tires as you describe indicate faulty wheel alignment and this coupled with the car shaking indicates this is caused through faulty steering or suspension components and this factor should be checked and elliminated FIRST and soon.

In particular if the castor angle is out and or not stable the car will shimmy and many variables will cause this to be intermittent. As it would appear you have not had the car from new accident damage at some stage may be involved rather than fair wear and tear. As has been pointed out you could be in danger.

The only alternative is that you are not accurately describing the symtoms as the answers given have been based on basic logic and expert knowledge particularly in respect of Beav.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!