View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow View Post
I would sell it. It's probably not worth much either.

Just a total guestimation, It looks about the size of a garret gt20 or so. TINY.

Skylines are twin turbocharged which means that it would work great on a 3 cylinder 1.2 liter motor pretty well. Far to small for anything you could do with it on an SVX, especially as you only have one of them.

Heck, maybe some skyline fanbois will give you some decent money for it, but that's somewhat unlikely as well.

Not all Skylines were twin turbo. GTS models came rwd with an RB25DET in most cases(single turbo), not the RB26DETT (biturbo)from the awd GTR models. Common motor swap for the 240Z guys here stateside...

Definitely a skyline spool, looks to be a RB25 single setup from the outlet duct, but don't quote me on that as it's been some time since I've built either of the RB series motors here. Either way it's good for about 300 crank hp. About the same size as a T28(same compressor wheel, larger turbine). Would be too small for an EG33 setup, but can be hacked on Ebay for some cash no doubt

GTR's came with turbo's sized very similar to the GT2554r's found on the JDM Silvia's, RB25DET's had a slightly larger GT2860 size spool..... run me the part number off that center section and i can telly uo exactly what it is.....

Last edited by Boxersix; 02-27-2008 at 01:16 PM.