View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Registered SVX
Again Joe,

My understanding of what Mike has now stated, is that short repetitive pulses of say 250 ms, will not cause a kick down, whereas a longer pulse or pulses will. On this basis, continuous pulses not exceeding say 250 ms, will result only in constant power mode, which is what is desired .

A 555 timer IC could be used but a simple two transistor multi vibrator flasher type circuit would suffice. The best way to go would be to check hobby shop kitsets for something suitable, as this would take a lot of the hassle out of assembly and would be cost effective.

Edit P.S. I have had a quick look at a catalogue covering hobby electronics and a 555 timer kit which can be used to build all sorts of stuff is available here at NZ$30.00. A flasher kitset using discrete components, NZ$8.00

You may have to incorporate a driver transistor, depending on the current requirements. An IC regulator rather than a simple voltage divider would not go amiss. I hope you have the time to play, as have no desire to get involved.

Again Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 02-03-2007 at 09:08 PM.