Thread: AWD Binding
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Trevor, need some advice. I am actually starting to get back into this car now that Reading is over. I was downstairs for a few minutes before taking a look at things. I found the #3 connector in B68 and did a quick test. Seems that when the ignition is on, FWD fuse in place, and acc pedal completely released(closed throttle) I have power enough to light my test light(12v). When I press the acc pedal any amount the power drops(light turns off). Now This is what I expected but what I didn't expect is that the power does not return upon release of the pedal. I know I need to get under there with my multi-meter but I didn't have any light to work with tonight.

Another thing. When I was trying to see if it was binding before the acc pedal was pushed I had a strange occurance. The FWD light on the dash was lit for a couple seconds, 3 at most. It quickly shut off and did not come back on after repeating the same steps.

This all makes me wonder if it could be TPS related. If I press the acc pedal the TPS voltage should change appropriately. Now if when I release the pedal the voltage does not return to .5v at idle it would still read at as using the throttle and not allowing the Solenoid to close(also causing power at pin #3 not to come back). It is a long shot and just a comment I felt necessary to make. I will look further into it tomorrow. I should also have time tomorrow to get a multimeter on pin 3 and get some more readings. Please respond to this and tell me what you think. I am almost ready to make a trip to Harry' U-Pull it for a cheapo legacy/imprezza 5 speed and get rid of the slush-box, but I would rather keep this auto. Thanks for your help and input

Tom

Last edited by TomsSVX; 04-28-2006 at 10:32 PM.