View Single Post
Old 04-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Technically....

I COULD make it out to PA, but I'd have to leave yesterday. So, I guess no race. I followed an SVX for about a mile yesterday and wanted to race it, but the 60 year old lady didn't want any. BTW...today I got a piece of a Bonneville SSEI and it was dead even. Take from that what you will.
Mods: Intake, Exhaust, Power Chip, lightweight uderdrive pulley.
As for ground clearance, the SVX is made to look sporty, and sporty cars ride low. Hood scoops are available, but many members feel they ruin the lines of the car. (For pics of a scoop go to www.motorsportswarehouse.com or look at the thread entitled "my remodeled SVX" or something like that. It's on the last page of threads.) I kinda do too. It was designed by ITALDesign (Guigario (sp??)) to be smooth and aerodynamic with a drag coefficient of just .29. This partially explains the windows too.
The 2.5 GT can be powered up like woah! There's alot more available for that engine than ours. I like the looks of it too. That's what I wanted until I learned, ironically, that a used SVX was cheaper.
I love the SVX, so if you wanna know anything just ask. There are many sites under the links section at www.subarusvx.com that explain the technological acievements of the SVX.

Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me