View Single Post
Old 11-06-2001, 11:49 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: feeback

Quote:
Originally posted by awdfan
Thanks for the input,

I had an 89 Saab 9000 turbo - I loved that car but couldn't afford to maintain it. I'm sure the Sube would be more reliable. My Subaru dealer told me that Subaru is only obligated to make parts until 2007. If that's true, how difficult do you think it will be to get parts after then?

Thanks.
Seeing as how parts are already getting scarce, especially "non-essential" parts like trim pieces and such, I'd say it'd be pretty darned hard ---- UNLESS --- we, as an organized group could show some clout and let SOA know that we're here and ask (very nicely, mind you) that they don't crap on us. Also, as an organization, to find a "partner" who will, as cars become salvaged, either try to maintain parts or have a central database with a ready supply of salvaged SVXes for quick access (yeah, so, maybe I'm dreamin'). I think that Titus Tacoma Subaru is the only "true friend" we have when it comes to parts, here in the States, however, some have made some great strides in connecting to a Japanese supplier, who, when you figure shipping and commission, has sometimes been less expensive than what you can get parts for in the States. I mean, with the coverage we have through this "Network," and the raw enthusiasm I've seen, over the past two years, from SVX owners, we should be able to create some kind of "vendor coilition" to supply our needs.

OOPS! Sorry. Who put that damned soap box there?!?!?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI