View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:34 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
I was reading this thread, and was about to go wax the Mercedes, when I thought.. Hmm maybe Ill try this stuff out (Ive had this bottle of it unopened for like a year)

So Im applying it with a rotary buffer using the appropriate pad ( I had to change pads about 10 times) This was was like putting baby oil on my car. It had the consistency and oilyness of it at least.

It was horrid! It was getting everywhere but on the right car, and it took three passes on the car to get the wax off. I eventually got the car to look decent, but this wax smears and smudges still, if you put a hand on the car. My recommendation is to stay away from it if possible.

For a similar price and a lot less time, Meguiars NXT works excellent (just did the 94 Pearl and Mike's Z24) or for a steeper price but a pro shine you can go with Zymol.

I would also like to note that anyone who is intending on waxing their car should make sure its absolutely clean and use a clay bar kit (like Mother's Gold) to remove any grit/sap/ general junk on the paint.

Mothers Back 2 Black also works well if you get some wax on the lower window trim.

Just my $.02