View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse View Post
Over a month ago I received a ticket for running a red light. I think im gonna plead guilty.It was really bad. my wife looked at me and said "What the **** were you thinking?" Im going to try and explain (make excuses) to the judge on why it happened. something like ...I normally dont drive like that, I just bought the car that night and got back into town wanted to push it a bit, show it off. My friends were waiting for me.

I would have just paid the ticket but fines in VA are wetoddid. They want $195 for running a red light. I understand its not a good idea to run a red light but damn! I get nervous when standing in front of a judge so I need to sound convincing and confident..............im screwed.
Like they all said Eric, don't use this line, go easy on the bull$hit, look earnest and contrite.

The line I would use is bad timing. You felt that if you braked too sharply you might lock up and skid to a halt out on the junction in the face of crossing traffic. You felt the safest thing to do was drive through.

You scared yourself and it will never happen again. You absolutely don't need to sound confident. He/she will think you are full of it. You need to sound contrite.

Best of luck

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl