View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Shooting at Fort Hood

Thanks for that Lee. That in my opinion is a pretty valid right wing military viewpoint and it is hard to argue against it.

Elazar although you "missed all the fun" I'm glad you were not around to be in harm's way. A lunatic shooter is a lunatic shooter.

There is a very good movie called Bad Day at Black Rock which deals with anti Japanese racism after Pearl Harbor. No doubt in the current emotional climate Japanese have now been supplanted by Muslims as the enemy.

No doubt also like the American Japanese of WW2 there are thousands of ordinary decent Muslim people, and they will be tarred with the same brush as the jihadists. No lesson seems to have been learned there. The presumption of innocence is to be afforded to all the people, and can not be denied to any religion, race or other sector of the population.

Having said that I actually despair of all these incompetent Big Brothers we now have watching over us. No doubt every comment we make here is getting logged on various data catching systems, CIA, FBI, MI5, MI6, on and on, you name it. They will sniff out, analyse, catalogue and ponder every comment we make here, and in political terms they probably have a record of where any of us pi$$ed last, but they let a lunatic like this guy walk into a camp and shoot down a load of innocent soldiers.

How bad and how radical does one have to get before they feel the need to intervene and save some innocent lives? Or are they actually just sitting back behind their cameras and microphones busily adding all the contacts of the radicals into their systems, then holding up their hands in horror when another massacre takes place?

Who is protecting the protectors? Soldiers are entitled to the protection of the intelligence community, same as everybody else. I'm not advocating a purge of Muslims from the military, or anything like it, but these intelligence organisations are doing a very bad job of protecting your people.

Those poor souls deserve more protection than they were afforded.

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl