View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Chike,
Good job! How many drivers did you have at the event? Just got home after a long day up in Cumberland and big, big props to Tom K (SVXFiles) for all his help getting "Bill Stock" back and healthy! (pics sometime Monday)
-Bill
Thanks Bill. The test-n-tune was limited to a total of 50 drivers in my club. The lot was nice and clean, with the majority of it being new pavement. FTD was a 23.08 by a guy who regularly competes at Nationals. Fastest time in D-stock was a 23.24 by a solid WRX driver on r-comps (he's preparing to compete in a provisional next month and go to nationals for the first time this year). I turned a 24.56 on my summer tires. I was actually matching the times of the best 2.0L WRX guys in STX (they were turning times in the mid to low 24's). Most drivers out there were running 25-26 second laps and the novice's were in the 27-28 second range.

I'd say on the tight short course we had, r-comps were worth about 1 second over summer tires. I definitely felt I had a 24.0-24.2 in my car that day if I had been able to manage 'grip' better in some of the tight turns (need to work on trail braking).

Congrats on getting Bill-Stock back together again!!! Was it the flex plate?

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)