View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Blacklight Power does not advertise power from nothing. They postulate (and according to their research have observed) the presence of electron energy levels in the hydrogen atom that are more tightly bound than what is considered to be the ground state orbital according to conventional quantum mechanics.

Using what they call a "catalyst", they induce the electron in the hydrogen atom to move to one of these more tightly bound orbitals, and in doing so, the electron emits energy in the 20 nm to 200 nm wavelength range (UV or EUV range). The energy is in the range of 30-100 eV, and if the reaction rate is high enough, then this could be a viable energy source. They call the more tightly bound hydrogen atom a "hydrino".

Some things I'm not clear on are the stability of this hydrino atom. Their description of it implies that its stable, but I have not seen any explicit statement of such. I also still don't have a grasp on the nature of the catalyst that they use to induce the electrons to move into a more tightly bound orbital.

While Mills has been expounding the presence of this energy source for many many years, in the last few months they claimed to have arrived at close form mathematical solutions for the electron configuration in many low Z atoms and molecules. If true, this is an amazing result in itself that is worth of the Nobel prize.

So it seems to me that in the next year or so, either these guys will become famous or infamous.

It could possibly be a breakthrough, but the breakthrough is going to be re-writing a whole bunch of textbooks.

I've always been under the classical perception that moving an electron to an orbital closer to the nucleus is storing a potential. It cannot release energy until it jumps to the next orbital out, and that is an astronomically "sudden" release of stored energy. But it has to equal the amount of energy used to cause the electron to jump to the tighter orbital in the first place. My brain just won't go to that place where a catalyst is used as a substitute, unless that catalyst is a form of energy in itself. But if that's the case, then it will be consumed, and can no longer considered a catalyst. It would have been a reactant from the get go.

I need to read it all a little closer for I also missed how he planned on harnessing this release when he pulls off a reaction.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)