View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
I'm not a particle physicist and I'm not going to pretend to understand this technology, but to me it seems like snake oil. I'm a cynical b***ard, I admit it.

The thing that bothers me is: They are trying to SELL this "technology" while they can't even prove to the physics community that it works in theory let alone practice. IF they have made a discovery, it's far too early in the research to be trying to make money out of it.

Their glossy website contains a lot of flashy marketing and somewhat fantastic claims. It reads like the polished words of a salesman. Not entirely unlike the websites of companies that make bogus performance parts for your car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrino

For 15 years, Dr Mills has been marketing his impending "new energy source" and has raised over $50 MILLION in venture capital. All the while, respected scientists have been pointing out huge flaws in his theory - although some say that his results merit further experimentation.

Don't get me wrong. I've always thought that quantum theory doesn't make sense. I'd love to see somebody prove that the classical laws of physics do in fact still apply at the quantum level. I just don't think that Blacklight have acheived what they claim.
I'm glad you came in and struck the bell before I got here. I hate always being the bad guy crashing the party.

This "is" snake oil. 1 thin dime, 1 tenth of a dollah!! Be the envy of all your friends by defying all physical laws!

Think guys... If his theories were mathematically correct, the universe wouldn't even be here. We've all been through chemistry, and we all have had some form of physics shoved down our throats. There is no zero sum here, and we must zero out or things end up in mushroom clouds naturally without our coaxing.

Wish it "was" true. Wait... no I don't. I wouldn't be here to say it.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)