View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Phil & Belha

Turbonator/Vortexvalve?

I'm not a particle physicist and I'm not going to pretend to understand this technology, but to me it seems like snake oil. I'm a cynical b***ard, I admit it.

The thing that bothers me is: They are trying to SELL this "technology" while they can't even prove to the physics community that it works in theory let alone practice. IF they have made a discovery, it's far too early in the research to be trying to make money out of it.

Their glossy website contains a lot of flashy marketing and somewhat fantastic claims. It reads like the polished words of a salesman. Not entirely unlike the websites of companies that make bogus performance parts for your car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrino

For 15 years, Dr Mills has been marketing his impending "new energy source" and has raised over $50 MILLION in venture capital. All the while, respected scientists have been pointing out huge flaws in his theory - although some say that his results merit further experimentation.

Don't get me wrong. I've always thought that quantum theory doesn't make sense. I'd love to see somebody prove that the classical laws of physics do in fact still apply at the quantum level. I just don't think that Blacklight have acheived what they claim.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II