View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt
The clunking is not present with the FWD fuse installed. With the fuse out, the clunking is only around corners. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Curt,

The binding you're experiencing is not from the rear limited-slip diff not functioning properly, but from the transfer clutch at the back of the transmission 'sticking' when you drive around in a tight circle.

Before adding any limited-slip additive to the transmission ATF, you should:

1) Drain (not flush) your current ATF and replace with new. Make sure the trans is filled to the correct level (need to have the engine running and ATF circulating through the trans).

2) Check your tire pressures Front & Rear and make sure they're within spec. The front tires should be approx 3-4 psi higher than the rear tires (i.e. fronts 32psi, rear 29psi). I personally run 40psi front and 36psi rear with no binding issues.

Only after doing these two steps, should you add any limited slip additive...(small quantities at a time - if you add to much, you may start experiencing flaring during shifts)

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)