View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Why Earthworm is sad.

Well tomorrow I'm going for my 4th insurance claim in 13 months.

I was driving down Main St. here in Winnipeg when some kids pressed the button for the crosswalk. I stopped fairly quickly but not hard enough to engage the ABS.

Once stopped I looked in my rearview mirror, yelled "f***" and floored it. It was too late.

Unfortunately the 79 year old woman in the 98 Buick Century apparantly did not have enough room behind me to stop in time.

The impact wasn't very hard (a relief). It didn't crack the bumper but it did spider the paint. I'm sure there would be some damage beneath the bumper cover. Her front bumper did crack though.

We stopped and we both examined the damages to each of the cars. Then she said, "Well there's no damage on your car so then I'll be on my way".

There was no way I was letting her leave. I got all her vitals on paper and have an appointment to have my car looked at tomorrow afternoon.

I even have a third party witness. As I was getting out of my car a car pulled up and the driver gave me his card. Turns out he was an off-duty police officer

I took some pictures but there really isn't anything special to see.