View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 12:44 PM

thanks Beav,

I did do what you describe, I just didn't describe it as well/clearly as you. No I didn't use the large "C".

By the way, I didn't use an impact gun. Just a large breaker (with 1" socket) on one end of the long bolt/nut/washers/adapter/cup combo, an industrial sized 1-1/8" wrench on the other, and it came apart - and went back together like that. It took some time, but I liked it better because I could "feel" in my hands no "forced" parts. Beav, I'm sure, you have much better touch from tool familiarity with an impact.

One caveat though for other readers since I suggested this might be an at-home tool....car was on a hoist at perfect working height, and these were large Snap-On tools. On the ground at home with the wimpy craftsman tools (that I have) I would have ended up calling a tow truck. I was assuming that anybody thinking of buying a $260 tool for home would have the other necessities too.

Note to self - Gotta learn from Beav about "considered" questions & answers, instead of usual mode - going on auto-pilot at the keyboard, (brain's response to me - seems doubtful, but ya never know)