View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 01:27 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
http://www.mile-x.com/otchubtamer.html currently $259.95 The adaptor I was referring to is part of the tool kit.

Considerations: This is not a tool anyone would want to use by hand. A good air compressor and a stout ½" impact wrench should be available (that means no tools from Costco, WalMart, etc.) If you want to use it while the knuckle is still mounted on the car a hoist is preferred to sitting on the ground with your feet sticking under the car. O.K., I'm spoiled, but I'm being realistic also.

Best bet for the average Joe/Joan that wants to save some $$ - R&R the hub and knuckle at home and take it to a local automotive machine shop for pressing. I wouldn't recommend taking it to a regular garage as most are too cheap to buy proper equipment for this job. Most machine shops have the tools and experience to do the job correctly. KEYWORD = 'Most' Cost should equal the bearing and about $20 labor, plus the normal bruises, blood, beer and dirty blue jeans. Broken ABS sensors additional.