View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
Um yeah, help needed, ALOT

well i finally got to RSmotors to hook up the SAFC and dyno tune with Ron, well as much as i would like to report some bad ass numbers, yeah no. leading up to it all here is a breif backround of the recent.
about a month or so ago now we built a 2.5" catless Y pipe, then a full 3" cat back... we also modified a VW 2.0 AEM intake to work with the SVX with a nice cone filter on the end. all was well at this point minus the car running on the lean side due to lack or map work and maxing out the stock MAF. so i purchased a Apexi SAFC and had every intent to go to town and get it back how it should be. well to make a long story short, the car had been running soild and pulling hard, however today comes and while at RS the car decided to be a typical SVX and it started to act up. heres where the fun starts, we got the car up on the dyno and the thing seemed to run super lean, so Ron hooked up the wideband and we checked it, as we dialed it down we found its starting AFR was 22! wtf? as we do the pull the numbers look horrible, the best run as far as the ratio goes tho, we made a whopping 104 AWHP and 109 AWTQ, simply pathetic. as we start to tune i think something is up because the car is taking its sweet time on every pull... i was concerned then i see the worst thing i could, Ron looks over and shakes his head, oh god i think... we look at the plot and its a pathetic curve, nothing until 3 and after 4.5 it dies off rapidly, and the MAF graph was REALLY messed up, where the power trailed off the MAF map went crazy. needless to say the car is running odd, it used to climb and pull like mad up to redline, now it struggles to reach it. so i get to do more research and try to figure out what exactly is going on, this really sucks, finally thought we would peg this pig but nope...i get to go back again another day to get it all done the right way again. so basically i am back to the start,any ideas on what i can do? or how to fix it?