Thread: Tire pressure
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
[QUOTE=NikFu S.]Separation of what?
When?
the tire is made up of diffent lairs of tred they can separate and cause what looks like a baseball coming out of your tire

You can tell if they are as low as 25lbs, and no one with sense would over pump their tires by 20-30lbs.

its a conundrum.. any one with sence should have a tire guage in their car to begin with...

These tires are tall enough the sidewalls flare at less than 36psi. I could tell by looking at my front left tire it was low. I went to the pump and it was indeed 4-5lbs low. I brought it up to 40psi, which is what Sears filled it to when they installed them.

its not the hight of a tire... i could tell when my geo tires were low easyer then my svx tires... why? because svxs have a lower profile tire... that makes the side wall harder... so you are able to tell when the tire is underinflated but not when it is over inflated

I assumed we were talking to people that aren't stupid about tires.

the thing is that 99% of the population is ingnorant about tires... its a very unknowen thing in the automotive industry... even the most skilled master techs really dont know squat about tires...
need work done? Have tools will travel