View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 07:53 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
The new unit is in and I am very pleased with the result. I installed it in the top DIN slot and there are no door issues whatsoever. The sound it produces is worlds better than the factory unit, even with the factory speakers. Listened to "Korn & The Dust Brothers - Kick The PA" on the way to work this morning and I was blown away by the bass. It sounds like a have subs in the freakin thing. Really sweet.

Best of all was I did not have to destroy the original unit. I had to cut the end off of the original wiring harness and solder the connections to the new connector while in the car. Had to do all my soldering with a flameless butane lighter. My thumb is still a little sore from the heat. I will be offering the original unit and cd player for sale very soon. They work very well but the cd player doesn't like CDR's all too well. It actually liked some purple CDRs I had on me but skipped all over the place when I played standard silver CDRs in it and obviously it did not play MP3s at all.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.