View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Do they remove the rear window to tint it? Sounds like that's what they might have done...seems like overkill to me, but that would explain the heatgunning you saw. Plus, if the adhesive used was cooled too quickly, it could definetly crack the window. I'd think if this were a routine procedure, they'd know that.

Just a thought, but it sounds very fishy to me.
Well, when I arrived, I noticed that the covering for the third brakelight was removed and the guy was running the heat gun around the outside edge of the rear window. I may be still in the stone ages on this one, but I'd always thought that a hair drier or something of that nature were used on the inside, so I did find it kind of an odd sight. It also seemed like there were very thin slivers of window trim hanging loose, but I have heard that typically the film is laid on the outside and cut to shape before applying on the inside (not sure how true that is).

A friend of mine about to take the bar recommended I call around to tint shops to find out what procedures they use before going back to talk to these guys, so I wil also try that.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele